• Create an account
    Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
  • Thursday, Apr 24

Last update01:38:05 PM

Welcome, Guest
    Username: Password: Remember me
    • Page:

TOPIC: Configuration issues

Configuration issues 2 years 1 month ago #5439

Friend:

I installed these plugins on justasiseeit.com about a year ago and had no issues. Over the past couple of months the preview image failed to show up on Facebook when someone posted a comment on the web site or if I shared a link to the web page on Facebook. Yesterday I updated the plugins to the current version and did my best to configure them. I am having issues that I think are connected to the plugins but, frankly, I don't understand the infrastructure enough to be certain.

1) There is often a yellow box on the comment section that says "Warning: is unreachable" and the box stays there for hours despite comments being posted correctly.

2) If I try to post a link on Facebook to the blog page justasiseeit.com/blog there is no preview image on Facebook. If I post a comment on the blog page, a preview does appear. However, this functions as it should on all the other pages.

Current configuration:
    Social Comments version 2.5.3
    JavaScript SDK 3.3.5
    Joomla! Version 1.5.23

In Social Comments Plugin:
    URL MEthod Article URL
    Slug
    URL Encode Enable

In SDK Plugin
    FB XMLNS Tag Enable
    OG XMLS Tag Enable
    Title Enable
    Type Enable
    Choose Type blog
    URL Enable
    Sitename Enable
    Image Enable
    Description Enable
    URL MEthod Article URL
    Slug
    URL Enccode

Got any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much for your help
    Wes
    The topic has been locked.

Re: Configuration issues 2 years 3 weeks ago #5463

• zaheerkaka
    • Thank you received: 28
    Hi,

1. In your Facebook application make sure your have configured correct URL of your website.

2. Image gets taken from the article content. If it is not showing it could probably related your your first issue. Fix first issue and then test again.

Regards
    Please include following information when posting for help:
    Detail of problem | URL of page where you having problem | Extension name and version being used | Joomla version | PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
    Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook...
    The topic has been locked.
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.185 seconds