• Create an account
    Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
  • Wednesday, Apr 23

Last update01:38:05 PM

Welcome, Guest
    Username: Password: Remember me
    • Page:

TOPIC: Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011).

Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011). 2 years 11 months ago #3656

• zaheerkaka
    • Thank you received: 28
    Quote from Facebook:
    As a follow up to a note sent to all developers using Comments Box v1, we will upgrade all sites to the new version of the Comments Box to ensure that Facebook users have access to the latest version across the web. Upon upgrade, ordering of the comments will shift from chronological to showing the most socially-relevant comments first. Also, please note that the upgraded version of Comments no longer supports custom CSS. You can upgrade today by adding the 'migrated=1' parameter to your existing <fb:comments> tag. Please note that once upgraded, you cannot switch back.

On 10 may 2011 old layout stopped working and seems Facebook has forced a change for old layout to new layout on their servers.

New layout does not support CSS yet. We will look and see how we can add functionality to support light and dark background templates in coming versions.

There is no more Like button, facebook has moved like feature to each comment and now users can like each comment individually.
    Please include following information when posting for help:
    Detail of problem | URL of page where you having problem | Extension name and version being used | Joomla version | PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
    Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook...
    Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by zaheerkaka.
    The topic has been locked.

Re:Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011). 2 years 11 months ago #3662

• Spaatz
    • Fresh Boarder
    I have a dark background site and with these changes, my plugins are no longer usable. The width of the plugins cannot be set either and I have large column layouts.

How soon will the plugins / modules be fixed and if I decide to request my money back, how can I go about it?

Re:Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011). 2 years 8 months ago #4262

• Malarko
    • Fresh Boarder
    I too have a website with a dark background and now with these changes that means this plugin is useless to me, I can't read any comments users have left on my website, I purchased this product expecting it to work and it did work fine until this change.

What can be done about this, If the developer can't guarantee a fully functioning product then refunds should be in order.

Can someone please update us on where to from here?

Re:Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011). 2 years 8 months ago #4288

• zaheerkaka
    • Thank you received: 28
    This was addressed when new Layouts were released by Facebook. Latest layout offers light and dark colour schemes for dark and light colour websites.

Please open new threads for your questions as it gets hard to track if everyone starts hacking same thread.
    Please include following information when posting for help:
    Detail of problem | URL of page where you having problem | Extension name and version being used | Joomla version | PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
    Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook...
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
    You are here Forum Joomla Extensions KA Facebook Social Comments Old Layout of Facebook comments stopped working (10 May 2011).