Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
As of February 26, 2013, customizing the old version of Facebook Fan Box fails (versions below 8.1). If you having problem with custom styling then make sure you have latest version 8.1 or above.

TOPIC: Custom CSS Styling not working

Custom CSS Styling not working 5 years 10 months ago #7132

• CharaM
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I downloaded KA Facebook Fanbox Pro 8.1 today. Unfortunately any changes I make to the Custom CSS Styling settings do not take effect. I would like to hide the stream area and just have the connections area showing. You mentioned that older versions (pre 8.1) of the module have problems, but mine is 8.1, so this is not the issue.

Under the settings it says that
"To use CSS styling make sure css files in /modules/mod_kafacebookfanboxpro/css/ are writeable."

Where do I access the module CSS files and know if they are writable? I have Joomla 2.5.4 on my site. Site: www.elmasco.com

I have currently disabled the module from my site as it isn't displaying properly due to the CSS styling problem. I look forward to hearing from you shortly. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Custom CSS Styling not working 5 years 10 months ago #7133

• CharaM
  • Fresh Boarder
Also, I am using Rendering Mode 1. Standard Facebook Mode (only URL)

Re: Custom CSS Styling not working 5 years 10 months ago #7134

• zaheerkaka
hi,

Custom styling will only work with Mode 2 and you will need to add settings.

Regards

Re: Custom CSS Styling not working 5 years 10 months ago #7138

• CharaM
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply.

It took me a while to figure out that I had to create an app on Facebook myself to get an App ID and Secret, but got there in the end and the app is now working as I want it too.

As a friendly piece of advice, I'd suggest explaining somewhere on your website about App ID and Secrets to users who are not developers, as I imagine most users would like to customise the module for their page.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards.
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds