Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom

Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6184

I have just bought this component and have most it working OK (I Think). I have installed and enabled the plugin for K2 Items and Virtuemart product pages.
Created the FB app id and enabled the SDK plugin too.

In K2 the comments box is appearing at the bottom of the page and appears to be working OK.

In Virtuemart the comments box is showing on the product pages, but via a right hand side module - see screenshot attached. Please can you help me solve this?

J 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
PHP 5.3.8

EDIT NOTE

I hoped I had fixed this as I forgot to enable plugins/mambots in virtuemart.
But after enabling it I now have 3 comments boxes (Top & Bottom of content & in the side module)
Also the whole styling of the product page goes wrong and there is extra code showing underneath the facebook comments box.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sandstorm871. Reason: Extra Information
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6192

I read another post about problems with this.
I just wanted to add that I am using a module for facebook like box elsewhere in the site from itprism.com

Will that effect anything? There is no plugin for this? only the module.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6195

• zaheerkaka
anything on another website can not effect.

Do you see the other boxes if you disable plugin?

What is the version of plugin?

Show us website address where plugin is published so we can have a look.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6197

Hello!
Do you see the other boxes if you disable plugin?
No, with the plugin disabled, facebook comments boxes Dont show up.
Only when its enable it shows in the reported places.
What is the version of plugin?
I only bought it and downloaded it a few days ago. Version is showing as 2.5.4
Show us website address where plugin is published so we can have a look.
Site is live, so because of problems I cant enable the plugin. I can PM you details of test site if you wish?
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sandstorm871.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6203

• zaheerkaka
You can send details in private via Contact Us form.

Regards

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6206

OK Thanks.

I just send you a direct message via your contact form with links and back end admin access.

Thanks B)

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6213

Did you get the direct message I sent and did you get chance to look at the problem, been struggling with this for well over a week now, without any real support?

I have tested further this morning and tried all the different settings in the plugin and with the SDK enabled and disabled with the same results.

Where the facebook comments shows in the side module (as in my first post) this is a widgetkit module from YOO theme, all latest versions, etc and it wants to show in the bottom of that module for some reason?

I have the facebook commenst set to bottom only and yet it is trying to show at the top and bottom in virtueamrt, but as in my first post, they are not even showing properly this way. the bottom comments box does, but the top shows as broken code?
It is the same for Virtuemart category also, yet seems to work fine for K2 pages? :blink:

It is OK for Virtuemart 1.1.9 isnt it?

J1.5.26, PHP5.3.15, VM 1.1.9,

EDIT: I also just tried to download the plugin again so I can install it into a test site for you and it says my membership has expired? I only purchased it last week?
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sandstorm871.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6220

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

It seems your site is using some sort of customised VM theme that is casuing some issues. VM pages seems to trigger plugin it seems which in standard setup of VM dont.

You could use module instead of plugin and publish is below VM and K2 pages to have a consistent look.

Regards

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6221

I already tried the module, but this then just shows any comments and not comments specific to that product.

Is there any way you can look at it as an extra customized job? I need this working in my virtuemart pages.

Re: Comments box showing at side in virtuemart instead of bottom 8 years 6 months ago #6227

• zaheerkaka
Module should show unique comments for each page. Must be something wrong with configurations.

We can do this as custom job, please contact us from Contact Us form and we will look into it.

Regards
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Layouts
Colors