Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Getting started/set-up

Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5697

• Chapman
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey,
Is there any documentation that walks you through the setup process, including where/how to get the facebook app id, the admin id's, the page id, etc?

Basically I downloaded it, installed it in my site and activated the plugin's, inserted the module on my site, and I have no idea where to get this information, what it should look like, etc..?

Please tell me there is something that walks through the process so I can fully understand how this works and how to use it in the best manner?????
The topic has been locked.

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5700

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

ou do not need Page ID for Facebook Social Comments.

Tutorial are located at and will be added more at
Facebook Social Comments Tutorials
and
Facebook Social Comments Documentation

Regards
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by zaheerkaka.

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5708

• Chapman
  • Fresh Boarder
Does it matter if I set this app up under my personal profile or the business page that I'm developing the site for?

I'd rather keep my personal details and personal FB profile out of the equation since once I'm done I'm going to be walking away from the project.

These are the type of instructions I referred to in my previous post that it would be nice to have these questions answered instead of wading through it all and waiting for forum updates, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person having this trouble.

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5709

• Chapman
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any way to have the comments post back to my company's FB page? As it is, it's sending the comments to the personal page of each individual person so it appears in his/her wall. This is good. But at the end of the day it's not putting anything on the wall of my company page..?

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5712

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

We have setup FAQ section and documentation for each extension now and we will add docs/asnwers there that are asked often.

If you are developing a site for a client and will be handing over to them then it is best to use their Facebook details to setup. As App IDs etc will be used to collect data on Facebook servers. You can test that everything works okay using own App and then changes the details when ready to go live with client details.

Comments go to users Facebook who submits comments, I guess Facebook decided to not to let them onto walls probably as they be hard to monitor and control for Page owners. They will appear on users Facebook so their friends will see and click etc.

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5719

• Chapman
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, so it's Facebook that will not allow for the facebook posts made on my website to go and post on my company page on facebook?

So I guess the only traffic facebook allows then is for someone to comment on my website using their facebook id and to then have that individual post reflect on their page and wall feeds?

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 10 months ago #5735

• zaheerkaka
Yes that is right.

Comments are easily shared with friends or with people who like your Page on Facebook. If a user leaves the “Post to Facebook” box checked when she posts a comment, a story appears on her friends’ News Feed indicating that she’s made a comment on your website, which will also link back to your site.

Friends and people who like the Page can then respond to the discussion by liking or replying to the comment directly in the News Feed on Facebook or in the Comments Box on your site. Threads stay synced across Facebook and on the Comments Box on your site regardless of where the comment was made.

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 9 months ago #5769

• Chapman
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for clarifying that for me in your last post.

Another question, I've noticed that sometimes, about 30-40% of the time it seems that I refresh a page, it removes all facebook comments, even though the module is still there and visible, it just appears that nobody has left any comments.

Is there a way to prevent the comments from disappearing like this?

Re: Getting started/set-up 8 years 9 months ago #5775

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

Plz show us the URL so we can have a look.

Regards
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Layouts
Colors