Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Category/Menu Drop-down Lists

Category/Menu Drop-down Lists 10 years 2 months ago #5458

• trlbldr
  • Fresh Boarder
I migrated a site from J1.5.25 to J.2.5.3 using SP Upgrade; all went well - of course, there was a lot of manual work that I had to do, too.

I copied, of course, the necessary Facebook configuration data and installed the J2.5 version of KA Facebook Comments (v2.5.3) and Javascript SDK (v3.3.5). These installations went well. Up to the point when I opened them in the Plugin Manager to configure the extension for the site. I found that there are no drop-down lists, as before, showing categories or menus.

So, am I correct in assuming that one must go into the Menu Manager and transcribe the menu names shown into Notepad and past them into the empty dialog boxes? If so, will those English names be correctly translated to the SQL names?

I'm not hoping to be sarcastic; I just don't understand. Thanks for helping me with this!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Don White
The topic has been locked.

Re: Category/Menu Drop-down Lists 10 years 1 month ago #5465

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

You just need the menu IDs and Category ID separated by commas in those fields.

For example if you want to hide buttons on two menus then find thoe Menu IDs from Menu Manager and enter them.
e.g. 23,78

These two fields work exactly same in the background and only difference is the way the are selected/entered. Dropdown lists were also converting the selections into IDs once saved.

Regards
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by zaheerkaka.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Layouts
Colors