Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [solved] Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s)

[solved] Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5096

• lordmaxey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

3 days ago, i bought "KA Facebook Fanbox Pro 7.3.4", installed it on my Joomla 1.7.3 System. I created a Facebook App, and saved all neccessary details in the module. (Link to FB Fanpage, API key...)
It workes /worked very very well, as you can see here:
www.vertical-vibes.com
(Scroll down a little bit, under the left Menu (beez5 template, position 7) )
There's just one litte problem, which is not very bad: on the Website it shows me one "like" more than on the facebook fanpage. In my case: Website: 49 likes, FB Fanpage: 48 likes.
But only when i'm logged into Facebook.

I'm pretty happy about the well working module, so today i bought "KA Facebook Social Comments Plugin and Module 2.5.1"
And there are the problems. When i activate "Content - KA Facebook Social Comments" and "System - KA JavaScript SDK", the "KA Fanbox Pro" module disappears.
If I unpublish the "KA Fanbox Pro", the "KA Facebook Comments Plugin" appears at the bottom of every aricle.
But when i enter a comment like let's say "test", it's shown on the Website, but not on my Facebook wall.

Edit:
When i publish the "Fanbox Pro" and the "Socal Comments" Module/Plugin but NOT the "Javascipt SDK" both modules/plugins seem to be working.
I "just" get the following error (Comments):
Warning: this comments plugin is operating in compatibility mode, but has no posts yet. Consider specifying an explicit 'href' as suggested in the Dokumentation des Kommentarplugins to take advantage of all plugin features.

How can i set the module settings, that it's not shown on the "frontpage" ? Just in "article-full-fiew" ? (i hope you know what i mean :) )

Please help me getting both modules/plugins working!!

Thank you!
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by lordmaxey.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5100

• lordmaxey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there!

I don't know why, but it works now... The Fanbox Modul is visible and i can post comments with the commtents plugin. Awesome :)
I did exactly the same as yesterday, FB Social Comments + Java Script SDK is published, and also the Fanbox module.
Well it's working, don't know why it wasn't working yesterday, but now it is! :)

But there's still 2 little "bugs":

When there wasn't posted a comment with the comment plugin, i get this error message in a yellow box:
Warning: this comments plugin is operating in compatibility mode, but has no posts yet. Consider specifying an explicit 'href' as suggested in the Dokumentation des Kommentarplugins to take advantage of all plugin features.

And the Fanbox module still counts +1 likes than counted on the facebook fanpage.

Edit: And the module takes extremely long to load. Approx 45 seconds (and i have a 16000 mbit/s internet connection!)
And because the comments plugin takes so long to load (blue bars) my header isn't loaded too. It's a module that switches between a couple of diffrent pictures.

Checkout here if u like:

Regards

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5107

• lordmaxey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

again, i don't know why, but the problem with the loading speed is gone. it works now. :)

Just these two things remaining:

+1 count of likes displayed
yellow "href problem" box

hope u can help. Thank you!

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5134

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

Please tell us what you have selected in the plugins settings for the setting that is called: Comments Layout ?

Mod Note: Moving to Comments forum section.
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by zaheerkaka.

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5140

• lordmaxey
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for your reply!

I'm using the "new layout".
If i activate the "old layout" i get the following error message:
can't open file. please make sure you have given correct permissions for [root]plugins/content/kafacebookcomments/css/kafbcomments.css

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5154

• zaheerkaka
That error means the CSS file is not writeable.

New Layout should work better as it is latest layout from Facebook.

I looked at Facebook bugs and seems it is a bug in Facebook end. If you send backend access via Contact Us form I will have a look into it further and see if I can resolve the issue.

Regards

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5183

• zaheerkaka
i changed the settings for Fanbox Pro for Enable Connect Script as you have JavaScriptSDK installed. It should be okay now.

Re:Facebook Fanbox Pro & Facebook Social Comments problem(s) 8 years 8 months ago #5190

• lordmaxey
  • Fresh Boarder
THX!! :) It works now! Perfect! :)
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Layouts
Colors